Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

2021.2 Server Upgrade - HDFS connection error

Chandler_Bing
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community,

We have recently upgraded o 2021.2.2.45235 and found that the existing HDFS connections are not working as expected.

We are getting the error: Error: Data Stream In (2): Failed to retrieve upload redirect URL (hostname:50070): HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error - Unknown error

When i tried to create a new connection(with same details which were working before) i'm getting this error:

Chandler_Bing_0-1631550430881.png

Can anyone please let me know if there is any workaround for this issue.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Was anything else on the machine changed?

Have you destroyed and recreated the Kerberos ticket?

Chandler_Bing
8 - Asteroid

Hello @patrick_mcauliffe  , thanks for the reply.

Nothing is changed on the machine. Yep destroyed and recreated the kerberos ticket.

If you use regular hive odbc connection, it runs fine without any issue, the issue is only when u try to use HDFS connection

The same workflow runs perfectly fine on 2020.2(our previous version).

I went through the release notes of the designer 2021.3 version and found that there is some issue with HDFS in 2021.2 in designer which is not mentioned by Alteryx in the 2021.2 release notes but it is mentioned as a defect fixed in 2021.3. I'm thinking if this defect is present on the server version of 2021.2 as well.

Chandler_Bing_0-1631577906768.png

Please let me know if you know any workaround for this bug, thanks a ton!

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Ahh… okay.  I see what you’re up against now.

I don’t have access to an enterprise HDFS at the moment, but I’ll see if I can replicate it and work around on my sandbox.