Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

2019.4 Upgrade: Missing value email_Encryption

pjarrard
6 - Meteoroid

It would appear that the "email on event" tool in 2019.4 now supports SSL/TLS or STARTTLS email encryption.  The downside is that all workflows prior to 2019.4 don't have that feature/option and running old workflows fail.

Expectation would be that 2019.4 defaults to the "none" state and the workflow runs versus failing to load and execute.

Fix is easy enough; open workflow in 2019.4, touch the setting, and re-publish.

This post is mostly to inform others.  Our users use the "email on workflow failure" feature to keep track of scheduled server jobs that fail.  Now all our jobs are silently crashing until the workflow is upgraded.  Those upgrading and using this feature need to make a note to migrate all workflows to 2019.4 so they will run on server.

17 REPLIES 17
chrisha
11 - Bolide

Can confirm.

Did no-one test this use case before releasing 2019.4? We have dozens of workflows with "email on event" scheduled on our server and according to this post we have to republish all of them. We already skipped the last version because it broke our workflows. Seems like we might go back to 2019.2 then.

Can we expect an update to 2019.4 soon that will address this?

Best

Christopher

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I haven't checked myself, but a pretty significant bug that will impact lots of people. It'll be good to be kept up to date with progress.

Joe Lipski
apolly
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello All,

I am terribly sorry about this mistake on my part and the disruption it is causing in your business. We have identified the issue, put forward a solution, and are in the process of testing this solution. Please look for a stable release in the next few business days and again, I sincerely apologize about this inconvenience. Please message with any thoughts, questions, concerns.

Alex Polly

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

You are running into a known Defect: DE22655 - Email Events Broken in Workflows on Gallery in 19.4

The workaround is to re-upload that specific workflow to gallery. So, download it from Gallery to Designer, open it in Designer, Save it, and then Save the workflow to the Gallery.

This Defect is open and being reviewed by our development team.

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

@ntobon Just ran into this in our UAT gallery and came across this suggestion. Honestly, we can't deploy 2019.4.4 into Production, we have hundreds of reports and other private studios we would need to inform to perform the steps you're asking us to do. Main concern are scheduled jobs as they're failing silently.

apolly
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @wildflower ,

Fully understand why you can't upgrade. Please check this thread as we will have a stable build out as quickly as possible. Sorry for this.

Alex Polly

levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

Yeah, this is a huge issue for us. We have several 1000s workflows in the gallery and having them al fail because of the backward compatibility issue is a major flaw, and asking everyone to upgrade to 2019.4 downloads all the workflows just to upload it again is very unprofessional and doesn't help those who are on Christmas vacation

levell_x_dunn_1-1577125863416.png

vitorfc
7 - Meteor

I got the same error on my scheduled workflows when I upgraded to the 2019.4 release.

chrisha
11 - Bolide

Hi @apolly , do you already have an ETA for the fix? I understand that the holidays might have delayed the release, but it would be nice to know when we can expect the updated version.

Best

Christopher