Alteryx Promote Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Promote experts.
Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Supporting Promote Series Part 1 - Promote is Down

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Created

Welcome to the Supporting Promote series. In this series, we will tackle some common issues and questions, and provide best practices for troubleshooting your Promote instance.

Problem: One of the three Promote nodes went down.

To troubleshoot, first try running the following command on one of your Promote machines to confirm the status of each of your nodes: 

sudo docker node ls

If the manager status of one of your nodes returns as unreachable, try logging in to that node through your command-line interface (CLI) and run the following command to restart the node:

sudo shutdown -r now

This command will automatically restart the node. Afterward, the node should automatically rejoin the Docker Swarm.

Next, running this command again to determine if all three nodes are now up: 

sudo docker node ls

The result is below.

2018-10-09_15-55-04.png

In this case, the problem has persisted. As a next step, try running the code snippet below. It will automatically restart your docker instance on the node and force it to rejoin the Swarm cluster.

sudo service docker restart

Problem: I can't access the Home page, I think my Promote cluster is down.

When your Promote instance goes down, the first thing to try is accessing each of the machines on which your cluster is installed, through Secure Socket Shell (SSH).  If this doesn't work, the next step is to reach out to your network admin, and make sure that your Promote machines were not accidentally shut down. Believe it or not, this happens quite often, especially when you do not start using your Promote instance immediately after installing. If this does not identify the root cause of the issue, please reach out to Support for assistance getting your Promote instance back up and running.

Keep calm and Promote on!