Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Workflow gets slower when run from Server (Sharepoint as a input/output)

JulianS1
5 - Atom
Hey all, 

I use sharepoint as a data storage in a project which is due to architecture constraint. The workflow runs smoothly in the designer but I run into problems when I upload my chained apps to the server. 

First when I upload the workflow it somehow shows different errors at different times. I work with a german version but translated it says something like “The remotename could not be solved - login.microsoftonline.com” or another error that is displayed is "cannot access the folder.

Somehow sometimes the upload does work and then I run into the issue that the workflow runs extremely slowly or even hits the current timeout. 

My hypothesis is that maybe a firewall is doing some checks on the incoming data which is slowing the process down? The upload error of no remote name could not be solved is maybe due to a media gap in handing over the sign-in data to Sharepoint?

My experience with Alteryx server is very limited and happy to hear any hints from you 🙂 !

Best,
Julian
2 REPLIES 2
JulianS1
5 - Atom

As a small update - I uploaded the same workflow to another gallery as well and there seems to be the same problem regarding performance. 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @JulianS1 

Sorry is this question based on Promote? Or Gallery/Server? I believe it to be Gallery so i'll answer accordingly:

You may be right!

Are you able to run the workflow on the servers designer?
Does it run okay on there?

I suspect it may be a firewall, or the service user does not have access to the sharepoint, maybe try the 'run as' functionality too::
https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/run-workflow-different-user

Hope This Helps!
TheOC

Bulien
Labels