Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx changes dependencies location to external even all are unchecked when publishing

PiotrGa_1
5 - Atom

I am using Alteryx 2020.3.4, the same as server,.

When publishing we uncheck all dependencies to be taken from absolute paths. This approach is desired.

After publishing all dependencies are in _external.

However when we created a new test workflow with one of the dependencies moved to external in above example and do the same it was ok - taken from absolute path.

What can be the reason of this behavior?

thanks

Peter

6 REPLIES 6
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Where are you unchecking them?  In the Manage Asset window when publishing?  Do you have a screenshot?

PiotrGa_1
5 - Atom

Hello,

sure... Please find below the steps I took:

1) Precheck - before promotion:

PiotrGa_1_0-1612191830064.png

(All paths are absolute - desired state)

2) Unchecked assets before publishing

PiotrGa_1_1-1612192053808.png

3) Check after publishing:

PiotrGa_1_2-1612192598917.png

All dependencies are external.

When I copy for instance Block_Until_Done to new workflow and publish for test with the same steps it works as I expected - path is preserved.

Thanks in advance

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Yep, looks like you did everything correctly from what I can see.  I just tested it myself and I cannot replicate the behavior you're seeing.  This is probably a good case to submit to support (support@alteryx.com).  

towong
7 - Meteor

I am also encountering the same issue with one of my workflow when publishing it to the gallery. But for mine only 2 out of 20+ or so change to "external" after publishing to the gallery. I did the same steps as you when publishing to the gallery.

Did you get any resolution from Alteryx Support on this?

Thank you.

AndersUnna
5 - Atom

Did anyone get an explanation from Alteryx?

towong
7 - Meteor

Sorry for the late reply. I managed to resolve this by following the steps below:

1. In Alteryx Designer, go to the Options --> User Settings --> Edit User Settings, click on the Advanced tab and check the option "Display Asset Management in Properties Window" and click Save

2. After completing the above steps you will be able to see a new "Asset" options in the left hand window when you select the macro.

3. Uncheck the check boxes corresponding to macro the in the "Auto-detected assets" window and save your workflow

4. After this you can update the dependencies and publish to gallery without the path being reverted to "external" after publishing.

Hope this helps.