Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

TLS/SSL support with Alteryx Database Connectors

Hello,

I had a business case requiring a cost effective and quick storage solution for real time online sourced survey data from customers.  A MongoDB instance would fit the need, so I quickly spun up a cluster on Mongo Atlas.  Atlas was launched by MongoDB in 2016 as a database-as-a-service deployed on AWS.  All instances for Atlas require TLS/SSL to connect.  Currently, the Alteryx MongoDB connector does not support TLS/SSL connections and doesn't work against Atlas.  So, I was left with a breakdown in my plan that would require manual intervention before ingesting data to Alteryx (not ideal).

Please consider expanding this functionality on all connectors.  I am building Alteryx out in my agency as a data platform that handles sensitive customer information (name, address, email, etc.).  Most tools I use to connect to secure servers today support this type of connection and should be a priority for Alteryx to resolve. 

Thanks,

Mike Schock

28 Comments
jonriddle
8 - Asteroid

I would love to have this support as well.  I also spun up a cluster on MongoDB Atlas hoping to use this platform as our data warehouse and was disappointed to learn that this would not work.

AltSam
5 - Atom

Need TLS/SSL support with Alteryx Database Connectors

rbrown
5 - Atom

In order for installation to be FIPS 140 compliant (Government) we really need this added.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the idea and comments. We've started to hear more about this and will continue to evaluate. Please keep commenting and letting us know which specific connectors you most need this for.

Best,

Alex

jonriddle
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @ARich, the main one we need is the MongoDb connector so that we can query our databases hosted on AWS.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi All,

We don't have any immediate plans for this, but please continue to star this if you need it.

Best,

Alex

abartoszek
7 - Meteor

I would like to join my voice to this (I have starred it as well), as we would love to connect to several MongoDB instances with SSL.  Thanks!

Garrett
11 - Bolide

Sharepoint

DanMagnus
5 - Atom

Another vote for TLS 1.2 connection to Sharepoint ASAP. Thanks!

gnans19
11 - Bolide

Sharepoint