The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

SharePoint Online/Office 365 Cloud Instance Connectors

I have used the SharePoint List Connectors with our SharePoint 2010 (on prem) instance for some time now. It works great and has become invaluable. Unfortunately, I have been told that these connectors do not work with a Cloud instance or an instance that is not on prem. We need this capability since Microsoft is pushing coporations to move to the cloud instance and there is talk that on-prem may not be available past the 2016 version that is coming soon. Many companies including mine have either completed or are close to completing a full migration which has rendered the current SharePoint Connectors useless. While this is the most important part, another piece that is missing is a SharePoint Document Library connector (similar to the Amazon S3 Download/Upload). Currently I must use the UNC path to my SharePoint folders and an easier more reliable way to save files out to OneDrive and SharePoint Online would be very beneficial.
40 Comments
ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The beta link is betaprogram.alteryx.com.

Best,

Alex

pbrink
8 - Asteroid

I now hove the beta version with the option to choose Shaerpoint Version on line but I am still receiving the error please enter a valid connection.

I have tried:  \\share.xxx.sharepoint.com\teams\na6\aepi\Lists\

//share.xxx.sharepoint.com/teams/

Thsi si the actual list I am trying to feed:  https://xxxx.sharepoint.com/teams/na6/aepi/Lists/Currency%20Exchange/Standard.aspx

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@pbrink,

Thank you for the feedback. Any chance you can get on a quick webex tomorrow to troubleshoot further? If so, let me know some times that work for you via private message.

Thanks!

Alex

pbrink
8 - Asteroid

I have the beta version of Alteryx that has the Sharepoint online connector. I can find my Sharepoint online list  but each time I try to put data to the Shrepoint list I receive this error:

Error: SharePoint List Output (4): The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

arnold_slabbekoorn
7 - Meteor

Alex,

You marked this completed but several posting in this one have requested for Corporate OneDrive connector. This still seems a struggle. UNC path and other methods are not working appropriate, they intermittent drop connections or require re-authentication manually to office365 after several days or just error out.

Any update on OneDrive connector with O365 fol Alteryx. With corporations like us moving to cloud and moving away from file shares to OneDrive this is really a must have for us very soon as they will start shutting down our File Shares locally in our data center. Local C drives does not work as the files need to be accessible from Alteryx server scheduled workflows through the network.

Thanks

Arnold

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @arnold_slabbekoorn,

Thanks for the comment. Support for OneDrive is still being evaluated. Please star this Idea: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Support-for-OneDrive/idi-p/34089 if you would like support for it.

Best,

Alex

aysha6029
8 - Asteroid

Hi, My organisation is still using Alteryx 10.5 and we have to connect to Sharepoint online. As i read from the post, the Sharepoint online is available from Alteryx 11.0 . is there any other way to connect to sharepoint online from alteryx 10.5

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @aysha6029,

Unfortunately not- you'll need to upgrade to 11.0 to access SharePoint Online from Alteryx.

Best,

Alex

aysha6029
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ARich,

Thank You for replying to my comment. I got my alteryx upgraded to 11.0. but still i am unable to connect to sharepoint online.

I have 2 Queries

1.when i try to use the sharepoint list connectors i get error message " There was a Problem establishing the connection " . In the User name field, Alteryx is asking me enter with domain name\user name combination but in my organisation, they have set up the sharepoint online site to just accept the user name and we dont have any domain name. (Axxx.Beexxx@Hxxxx,Txxx.Com).

Please help to solve this problem