The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Save Workspace

I've got six workflows up on my screen now and must reboot. I would like the option to save the workspace and reopen all flows at once.

Cheers,
Mark

6 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Thanks for the idea Mark! We're working on something that will allow you to save all open workflows as well as a method to save workflows as a group and then later open them as a group. Would that help in this the scenario you've described?

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@RachelW,

perfect!  Thanks for the update. 

willperkins
5 - Atom

Capture.PNG

I was thinking something like an internet browser where you have your default load settings: new workflow, pinned/specific workflows (like saved home pages), or restore previous session.

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

@willperkins Thanks for the response. That's a good idea. We won't have that going into the 2018.2 release, but I'll keep it in mind for future enhancements. In the 2018.2 release, you'll see a new feature to allow you to create and open a Workflow Group, which is essentially a shortcut to open all the workflows in that group. I hope this will help with ease of use and your productivity. I'm looking forward to your feedback post release. 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

This is now available in the 2018.2 release. Check it out!