Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Save Directly to a Collection

When saving a workflow to the Gallery, I would like an option on the Save window to save directly to a collection. This can be an existing collection, or would have the ability to create a new collection. The current process requires you to log into the Gallery after saving the workflow and move it to the appropriate collection.

7 Comments
JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

@AmandaB13 thanks for posting this great idea!  We'll definitely keep this in mind as we're making enhancements to publishing and sharing in the Gallery and will keep this post up to date.  

BrianCalvanese
7 - Meteor

As part of a team that routinely share workflows with each other, this is a must-have feature to enoble better collaboration!

stefs
5 - Atom

+1 vote. It's inefficient to not be able to choose where to save something on saving.

VeroB
6 - Meteoroid

I am a beginner and I am appalled by how difficult it is to get answers on the platforms provided. I have just spent an hour trying to figure out how to save the workflows I built in the past week to a private collection I created but I cannot figure it out. Are we supposed to be paying for this service separately? Why is there no reference available to end users on how to do this? The more I poke around, the more I get logged out and back in without making any progress.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Updating this idea's status back to Under Review, to be in line with past product updates.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

Thank you for posting to the Alteryx Community! Your idea has been accepted by our product team as something we would like to put on the road map. We'll update the status again once we are a closer to the feature being available.

pippinsaunders1
5 - Atom

+1 vote

Having flexibility to select a save location from the Designer is a must. I should have the ability to save to my Private Studio OR a Collection! It's tedious and adds an unnecessary step only being able to save to my Private Studio.