Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Quick single click container Disable

How about a quick method of disabling a container.

Current state - Click on the container, pan the mouse all the way over to the tiny checkbox target in the configuration pane and click disable.

Future state - little icon by the rollup icon that can be clicked to disable/enable, differentiated by perhaps a color change of the minimized pane perhaps?

I know what you're thinking, "talk about lazy, he's whining about moving the mouse (which his hand was already on) 2 cm along his desktop and clicking"... but still what an easy usability win and one less click to do a task I find myself repeating frequently.

5 Comments
adrianloong
11 - Bolide

+1 Agreed. It could be as simple as having a disable button on the top. Once again make it easier for new users

KathyD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi Jason ~

Thanks so much for your suggestion - the UX team was reviewing  some enhancements around providing a single-click option to enable a container just today ... and  based on your suggestion I have added  that disable get  a similar treatment.   

We hope to get this prioritized here shortly. 

Thanks again!

Kathy Davies

Sr. UX Designer 

bobpeers
9 - Comet

It would also be nice if the disabling effect took place immediately after clicking in the checkbox, right now you either have to click on the Apply button or click back on the canvas before the Tool container is disabled.

ksklar
7 - Meteor

I want this too!

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

We've added a toggle bar to the tool containers, so that you are now able to disable and enable a tool container from the canvas. Check it out in the 2018.1 release