Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Publish to Tableau Server Macro - Incremental TDE support

In the previous tools the information lab had build for publishing to Tableau server, they had the incremental TDE refresh option available. I would like to see that included in the Publish to Tableau Server Macro. We often just want to add previous day data to a YTD data extract without running the full data set from our Datawarehouse. The full set takes long and a daily increment / add only would take a couple minutes.

5 Comments
bmillrine
8 - Asteroid

Arnold

Have you fiound a solution to do this? I have the same issue.

Thanks

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi All,

We're evaluating the effort to add this to a future release.

Best,

Alex

arnold_slabbekoorn
7 - Meteor

Alex,

Do you know when the .hyper export is available in an updated MACRO publication tool on the gallery?

Arnold

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All,

We have an append option in our current tool and are unclear what the ask is here. Looking for more feedback on this. Please comment or contact me directly if a call is easier.

Best,

Alex

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I think the append data covers this where the incremental refresh can be dictated by a simple bit of Alteryx logic before the tool

joe_lipski_0-1590480186940.png