The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Please add an optional notes field to the gallery... sometimes titles are not enough

It would be GREAT if we could have an optional notes field in the gallery. When many tools are uploaded to a collection, the titles alone are not descriptive enough for end users. I have to publish a separate "menu" for reports that are available in the gallery. In some cases I have to number them. I wish users could just browse for themselves to find the application that is suitable for their use case. 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

4 Comments
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

I think that this feature mostly exists today!

When you have Alteryx Designer open, inside of the Configuration pane for a workflow, there is a Meta Info tab.

In that tab there is a "Description" box that you can enter text into.

If you type in the descriptive text you are looking for and then save it to the Gallery, it should appear in both of the spots you are looking at here.

It does not create an abbreviated version of the description from what I can tell, but this might meet your need?

You can also link out to documentation using the "URL" field, if you have instructions that the user should follow.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@Claje ... this works! Appreciate the response. 

Now I have some meta info to update... Thanks!

Capture.PNG Capture.PNG

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

alyssa_sedai
8 - Asteroid

Thanks! This was helpful because I would not have figured it out.