Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

New Visual Layout Tool Suggestion

I love that Alteryx came out with the visual layout tool. It's making some of the reporting I need to do much easier. Now for the challenges. I need this tool to allow me to either use a custom background or allow the overlapping of elements with the layout tool. Overlapping other elements would be the ideal way of doing this. But either will work.

1 Comment
KatieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @ClaudioLI

It is great to hear your feedback, thank you! We will be working to get the Overlay tool to be a supported incoming element type with the new Visual Layout tool, which should allow for the overlapping elements that you're looking for. We have some other layout features that we need to tackle first, but this is high up on our list! The overall end-goal is to make this processes of overlapping elements easier than the current Overlay allows, but first pass we'll add in support for the existing Overlay tool.

I hope this helps! We will be continually releasing updates to the tool and look forward to hearing how it works out for you once we get this particular feature included.