Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Make INTERFACE tools use ANNOTATION like all other tools

For example I have an ERROR MESSAGE tool that is rather verbose.  I chose to modify the annotation as:  ZIP Code Check.  I presumed that the result would simply be "ZIP Code Check", but Alteryx added that to the beginning of the annotation rather than replacing the whole annotation.  I reported this as a bug, but was told that this was designed to operate in this manner.  It was suggested that I bring this out as a "New Idea" to the community for review.  If you agree that the tools should operate in a similar fashion for annotation (or other actions) across the pallet, please STAR this.  Otherwise, I'm happy to hear your feedback.

Thanks,

Mark

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

4 Comments
Bob_Blackey
11 - Bolide

Likewise - When you annotate an Action tool (for example: Update Input Data Tool) it appends your annotation with the original annotation.  

If there is a reason for this I'd be curious to hear it - otherwise I expect tools to behave the same - whatever annotation I enter should be it.

Cheers,

Bob

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thank you for your post! 

This feature should be available in an upcoming release, and we'll update this idea again once it's publicly available for download!

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Whoop, its coming soon MARK! 🙂

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for reporting this to us! This issue has been fixed as of the 2020.1 release, available today at http://downloads.alteryx.com/