Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Improving performance by pushing Alteryx workflow logic down to native technology feature

I think in case we can have a feature at workflow level to check if the entire logic written inside an Alteryx workflow can be converted into a native language, there can be performance improvements in terms of avoiding too and fro between App (here Alteryx) level and DB level.

For e.g. if I am using Oracle as my source connection and target connection as well, and the transformations done in Alteryx can be pushed down to a DML statement (or some loop with commit interval set) to execute within Oracle itself, we might be able to get performance improvements as the overhead of pulling data from Oracle to Alteryx and that of pushing it back from Alteryx to Oracle can be avoided.

5 Comments
shivach
6 - Meteoroid

good to have the above mentioned features.

Johnny
6 - Meteoroid
I'm using Alteryx to manage datas in an Hadoop Cluster. I can only agree with this idea :)
ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Hi All,

This can be achieved by using our In-DB tools.

Best,

Alex

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ARich

I think that the suggestion from @Rohit_Bajaj was more around Alteryx looking at existing canvasses and suggesting that it would be more effective if done In-DB and then auto-converting this.

Although you are right that the In-DB tools do already provide push-down capability - it's not something that Alteryx will spot and suggest (or auto-modify) to make your canvasses more effective.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @SeanAdams-

Thanks for bringing this to my attention again. Upon another reading, it does appear that the idea is about auto-pushdown, which coincidentally is something I'm looking at right now as part of our Big Data strategy!

Best,

Alex