The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

IBM DB2 in-Database availability

Please include IBM DB2 as an in-Database option. Currently, my primary use of Alteryx is for copying DB2 tables into Teradata for use on that server. Copying large tables and particularly joining several tables and copying the results to Teradata is too slow in Alteryx.

49 Comments
gururajbadiger
5 - Atom

Is there any efficient and alternative way we can pull the data from IMB DB2 storage systems into Alteryx?

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi All,

We'll look at adding this in the future.

Best,

Alex

radhapreetam
5 - Atom

It would be very helpful if there is a DB-2 Data Source added into the DDL of the In-DB Connector in Alteryx. Attached is the screenshot of the same unavailability  

awtony
5 - Atom

We are use both Oracle and DB2 BLU and we plan on moving much more into DB2 environment. We have been struggling when using alteryx with data in DB2 environment. Please implement DB2 indatabase cabability.

JArtNaranjo
7 - Meteor

Get me DB2 In Database please! Yes? Pretty please? No seriously, that would make this already awesome designer be even greater.

awtony
5 - Atom

Hi Alex,

I posted my db2 in-database request on the other thread ( the one you posted earlier in this thread ) before I see this one. Just to clarify, we are using db2 blu if this make any differences for the driver development. I believe the recent up take on db2 market share is mostly on db2 blu and we are migrating our data warehouse into db2 blu. It makes a huge difference on how we use alteryx as it is so much more convenient using the in database tool.

Any idea on the time frame for it's availability?

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

20 stars but not much care...

FameAsser
6 - Meteoroid

Just been searching for this too. We use many DB2 data sources and we are looking to pull data through to Alteryx but struggling. We are going to workaround by pulling through VBA into an access database then using Alteryx to pull from that, but this is far from ideal

It would be great to know whether there was DB2 in the works.

Mattbeatty89
6 - Meteoroid
def needed.
rama_kunaparaju
6 - Meteoroid

We do a lot of analysis based on IBM DB2 data and would love to see this feature added soon. Would increase our productivity several times and happy users!