Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

How about internationalisation and localisation of the Alteryx tools?

As you may be aware localisation is the adapting of computer software to regional differences of a target market, Internationalization is the process of designing software so that it can potentially be adapted to various languages without engineering changes.

The idea is to make Alteryx designer tool, the web help content and example workflows to be multilingual (Possibly with the use of "lic" language files or similar) Hopefully the sotware and tutorials will all be localised by crowdsourcing initiatives within the Alteryx community. 

I sincerely believe this will help the tool get a lot of traction not in US and UK but in other parts of the world,

Highly likely Mandarin and Spanish would be the first two language versions...

Top languages by population per Nationalencyklopedin 2007 (2010)Language Native speakers(millions) Fraction of worldpopulation (2007)

Mandarin935 (955)14.1%
Spanish390 (405)5.85%
English365 (360)5.52%
Hindi295 (310)[2]4.46%
Arabic280 (295)4.43%
Portuguese205 (215)3.08%
Bengali200 (205)3.05%
Russian160 (155)2.42%
Japanese125 (125)1.92%
Punjabi95 (100)1.44%
15 Comments
Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Here is a link from KDNuggets regarding analytics trends in the developing countries;

"In my world and from my perspective, one of the most important trends in 2015 in Analytics and Big ...

- Imelda Llanos de Luna

Best

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar
PoornimaF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in seeing Alteryx localized as well as for the different links that you have provided. Your post on this subject is timely since we are currently in the process of evaluating software internationalization for Alteryx. We will also be releasing the Alteryx product documentation in multiple languages in early 2016. So stay tuned! Smiley Happy

Regards,
Poornima

Product Manager, Localization

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

That is great news indeed! Thanks.

There it is another reason to love Alteryx ...

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Does this have a "coming soon" status?

teresaleed99
5 - Atom

Can't agree with Atabarezz more on his suggestion. 

ChrisK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yes, Alteryx already reads Unicode user data. (barring the occasional bug).  You can see this in many ways. When carrying string data, you can select V_WString to be variable length "wide" characters, instead of just V_String. When reading files, you often have a choice of the character encoding of the file. A "code page" is a narrow encoding, in which only 256 different characters can be represented. Otherwise a file can be in UTF-8 or UTF-16 in which any Unicode character can be represented.

J'espère que cela vous aide. Bonne chance!

teresaleed99
5 - Atom

Thanks Chris! I went ahead and tried loading a simple Excel file including Chinese characters, and got the following error message:            Does it appear a foreign Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 5.19.19 PM.pngcharacter i18n handling error or some other data issue?

ChrisK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hard to tell without the example. Can you send it, or a part of it?

You might also try to use the Alteryx XLSX reader. The Microsoft "Jet" reader is known to have many bugs. We can't fix any bugs in the Jet driver; we can only address issues in our own reader.

hugo_vera
5 - Atom

I hope Alteryx in Spanish Language..!