Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Help Version

It would be helpful to redirect Help Documentation searches to the latest version number.  When Googling problems I often get help page links that are for version 9.5 while I'm on version 11.7.  I'll usually change the version number in the URL to get to the right documentation.  It would be great if the version <11 documentation would automatically port forward to the current documentation with the option to go to older documentation for users on those versions.

3 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for submitting this idea. I understand this could be frustrating. The good news is that we've got a set of Help pages for each version that can be searched in multiple ways. If you go to the Help main page, it's easy to search the Help for the specific version you have. For example, in the Designer Help you can select your version at the top of the page. Another option is using the global search within the Designer. This will search the version of Help associated with your Designer as well as the Community. 

PaulaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for your suggestion! I have looked into some of the options we have and have a good idea of some steps we can try to improve the search results. Hopefully you will begin to see some improvements over the next few months.

TaraC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great suggestions! Here are some tips for using the browser URL to navigate to the different versions of the help. The trick is that sometimes the URL auto redirects "index" to "Designer_Home" but you can get around this.