The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

For workflows running via Desktop Scheduler: cancel workflow if runtime > X minutes

As I'm sure many users do, we schedule our workflows to run during non-business hours -- overnight and over the weekend. Our primary datasource (input tool) is a remotely hosted database that our organization doesn't maintain (and hence cannot monitor the status of). If the database were to timeout or if our query were to overload it's resources, our scheduled Alteryx workflow would (attempt to) continue to run for an unknown amout of time. We would like the ability to cancel a scheduled workflow if it has been running for a certain amount of time in order to prevent this.

3 Comments
KoryC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @MarshallG - this functionality exists today. The Alteryx System Settings dialog, which is used to configure your server or scheduling options, contains an option to cancel jobs that have been running for longer thanthe specified time (screenshot below). Let me know if this addresses your request, or if there is more that we can work on here. Thank you!

timeout.png

MarshallG
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Kory! That is what I was looking for -- not sure how I missed that option before.

-marshall

KoryC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Ok, great! I've marked the idea as completed - let us know if there are any more options or configuration items you'd like to see in the future as well - thank you!