The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Copy/Paste Layout Tool Row Configuration

Hello all,

When you copy and paste a layout tool to keep the formatting you just spent hours fixing it goes away as soon as you paste it. This is infuriating. Please keep the formatting from resting upon pasting.

Attached are pictures of a copy and pasted layout tool connected to the same incoming data source.

You can clearly see that the order and formatting has been removed. #Infuriating

Nick

PostPostPrePre

5 Comments
KatieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @Nick_Yarbrough

I see your frustration! I've asked the development team to take a closer look at this issue so we can understand the underlying problem and assess what our options are. Hold tight and I'll have an update for you once they've investigated a bit.

-Katie

Nick_Yarbrough
8 - Asteroid

@KatieH You're awesome! thanks for taking a look!!

Nick

P.S. Sorry for the awful grammar in the first post, i have no idea how that happened. LOL

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Comments Requested

I was attempting to replicate this and was unable to, but I may be doing it incorrectly. It is possible this was already fixed, although I cannot be certain. Is this still an issue for you in the latest release? If so, can you provide a workflow that demonstrates the problem?

Nick_Yarbrough
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @jpoz ,

When i discovered this issue, it was after setting up a layout tool, Copy and pasting it and then reconnecting it to the original data source. If the configuration hasnt reset then it is fixed, but if all the layout and settings have reset then this is still an issue.

I will test on my side and see if i can recreate the issue.

Thanks,

Nick

Alteryx 11.7.4

Gopinaath
8 - Asteroid

Looks similar to my idea which I want to be implemented more broadly to any tool rather than specific to layout tool. The whole configuration of the tool should be duplicated.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe i misunderstood this idea.