The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Change/Set the default text size in Report Text

14 is a bit large to have as the default text size in the Report Text Tool. Can we make it a "normal" size like 11 or 12? I am always forgetting to change it when setting up automated emails, and have to go back and edit it. 

Can either be a setting, or we should just change the default to a normal size. 

Text in this post set to 14(4 looked close) for effect. 

Thanks! 

4 Comments
RPM
8 - Asteroid
This! Please implement.
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

agree with you FFFool - it's still far too difficult to do something as simple as "Change the font through all of my report components to Calibri 10pt".

For my money there are two easy things that we can look at here:

a) for each tool, allow users to save their default settings for a tool like you can in Visio.   So if I always make my comment boxes red with no border, I'd like to be able to drop one on the canvas, then right-click and say "set this as the default setting for this component whenever I use it".

b) Additionally - for things like fonts, it makes sense to have global settings which everything inherits from.   So - I want all output to use Calibri 10, unless I explicitly change away from this.

If we tackle this as a generic capability (i.e. ability to set the default behavior of any tool) then I could also set things like "I want to always use batch size of 20 000 on output components" instead of having to specify this every time.

Hopefully this makes sense and doesn't derail your idea.

Sean

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!