Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Append to YXDB

It would be nice to be able to append to a YXDB instead of having to read in the whole thing, union the new records, and then re-create it. 
15 Comments
Ned
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The YXDB file is compressed which makes it smaller.  That compression is part of what makes it so you can't append to one.  The actual compression will vary based on what data you write to it.  SQLite is appendable and queryable which inherently would be very difficult or impossible to support compression.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Got it . . . thanks for all the info!

MarshallG
8 - Asteroid

Very cool. Thanks, Ned!

anthony
11 - Bolide

Nice - glad I checked back in on this thread.

I was using a local mysql instance the last few days so I could insert 200k parsed xml files...1 at a time. It was way to slow doing this with read-union-write yxdb method, so I started using mysql and hated the fact I needed to add another technology to the stack.

This will work great to build my data and then export as a yxdb for faster down stream processing for other processes.

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned