Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx to provide a tool to clean the registry to perform a clean uninstall

In Dec I had an issue where I could not uninstall or upgrade Alteryx. As part of troubleshooting and the eventual solution I had to manually delete any registry key related to Alteryx. As these were hundreds of entries this took a long time. It would be handy if Alteryx could provide a tool that cleaned the registry of all Alteryx related entries. Related: "Case 00088264: Unable to uninstall Alteryx"

5 Comments
rkind2
5 - Atom

This would be handy. I would go one step further and say that there is a need for a clean unsinstall tool. I need to do this as part of a trouble shooting step with designer and it is a long process. An uninstall reinstall often fixes the issues, but sometime there is a need for a clean uninstall.

Perhaps also, the need to delete any directories made by Alteryx.

dsouthh
7 - Meteor

How can you find all registries associated with Alteryx? 

EDIT: I ended up realizing you can just cntrl + f in the registry editor and search for any registry with the name "Alteryx" in it

RoelEsselink
8 - Asteroid

Yes, and there are a lot of entries....painful process :-/

dsouthh
7 - Meteor

I didn't finish... there are just way too many to delete. I'm looking into batch files and going about deleting all registers with "Alteryx" in its name but I can't get it to work. 

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes