Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add support of .xlsb file format as input file type

Many files I use are in .xlsb format. 

59 Comments
suli
9 - Comet
+1 looking forward to have .xlsb input
dataMack
12 - Quasar
Looks like it's on the roadmap, but I'll add my support for ability to read xlsb
NMZ
5 - Atom

+1 Vote for having an XLSB output option. Many of our files are too large to open as an xlsx. Since there is not an option to output in a workable file, I cannot use Altyerx for my data, which makes me very sad. 

@levell_x_dunn wrote:

Thank you very much for inow including the XLSM format input for Alteryx, that is something that I needed for a while, but as I have other clients you us the XLSB, excel binary format, I need to find a way to input that into Alteryx and right back into it.

Please consider making this on a possibility on your next release.

Thank you

r4upadhye
11 - Bolide

.XLSB is a highly compressed file type and saves disk space.

One of our requirement was to package several XLSB's into an alteryx macro to deliver a stacked output, but alteryx can't handle it yet.

Please add this feature soon...

mb1824
9 - Comet

+1 for .xlsb

RSK
7 - Meteor

.XLSB creates a much smaller file size than .XLSM. This binary file type would be a worthwhile feature.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

This will be part of our Q1 release.

RSK
7 - Meteor

Thanks Big time!!!

RPM
8 - Asteroid

That is great news. Output will be supported as well?