Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add support of .xlsb file format as input file type

Many files I use are in .xlsb format. 

59 Comments
PoornimaF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Dear Gilbert,

Thanks for your recommendation. XLSB is currently not planned for a release but we will look into it for our longer term roadmap if there is sufficient customer demand.

Best,
Poornima Farrar, Product Manager
danielkresina
9 - Comet
XLSB is our default file format for any internal excel files we share.  It's the most compact and opens the fastest.  It would be handy to be able to pull into alteryx directly.  Currently we have to use a VBA routine to save the files as XLSX first.
siddhartha_s
7 - Meteor
Dear Alteryx Team, .xlsb is one of the most compressed format of data files and I'm receiving 1000s if them being generated by the sensors. Please share a work around else I might be running and excel macro to keep saving all the .xlsb files into .xlsx before I deploy my Alteryx solution on top of it.
JohnDoe
8 - Asteroid

Couldn't agree more. Xlsb files tend to be much smaller than zipped xlsx files, and are therefore very convenient when exchanging large spreadsheets.

RPM
8 - Asteroid
Piling on. XLSB is ubiquitous in our firm. Please add native support.
FFFool
9 - Comet

I would like to add to this, that our firm also uses .xlsb for most large Excel files. We would also like the ability to output to .xlsb. 

mtucknott
5 - Atom

Absoolutely!   This would be a wonderful addition.  We have been able to pull in data from ".xlsb" files, but not able to create them...it would be most helpful to be able to create .xlsb directly from Alteryx.

GeoSinam_dup_113
6 - Meteoroid

Client data is starting to come in this format by default, adding this feature would be custom-centric and a competitieve advantage.

mark_cyr
7 - Meteor

+ 1 for XLSB.  

JohnDoe
8 - Asteroid

Is there any copyright issue holding this back?