Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add comma formatting to row count indicators next to tools at run time

This request is super simple!  I love how Alteryx displays the row count and size of the data passing through each tool at run time.  Can you set the default formatting for the row count indicators to be #,###?  Without the commas, it's hard to easily check the row count once you get more than 6-9 digits.

In the example below, it would be so much more readable if it displayed as 75,640,320.

Capture.JPG

9 Comments
adrianloong
11 - Bolide

+1.. 

BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for the request.  How would you feel about collapsing the number instead of using commas, and then just displaying the full number in the results window below?  So, in the above example we would show 75.6 B.

danielkresina
9 - Comet

That would certainly be an improvement over the way it is now, though I tend to like to still see the full number since I'm usually visually scanning all the row counts to quickly evaluate if I got joins correct, etc.

BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the response, that helps in understanding the request.

Vadim
5 - Atom

+1

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Any update on this? I just misread the number of records coming out of my xml parse. I wouldn't want Ben's solution of collapsing it down because like @danielkresina I often want to know if I'm adding/losing any records. A simple user setting to let me add commas would be great. I've mocked up the user setting and I think it fits nicely:

Capture.PNG

saubert
9 - Comet

Can we use the local settings instead of commas? In France, comma is the decimal separator...

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thank you for your feedback!

This feature is being included in an upcoming release and we'll update this idea once it's available for download.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for this idea! We have implemented it for the 20.2 release, available for download at http://downloads.alteryx.com/