Start your journey with Alteryx Machine Learning - Take our Interactive Lesson today!

Alteryx Machine Learning Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Machine Learning.
Getting Started

Start your learning journey with Alteryx Machine Learning Interactive Lessons

Go to Lessons

RPA to Time Series

Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

I have attached my Computer Vision Workflow.

-Please let me know if you all have any feedback.

-Below is the article that I wrote for LinkedIn

-Cheers!

Matt

I started using Alteryx in 2013, albeit using it only for Data Science and Data Management. In 2018, I began using Robotic Process Automation (RPA) using both UiPath and Automation Anywhere acquiring a certification in both before later dabbling with Blue Prism. That said, I was ecstatic when Alteryx released the Computer Vision tools that allow for image-to-text functionality among other items.

In my example, I created twelve (12) sample .pdf format invoices that needed to be scraped for Invoices number, Amount, Invoice Date, among other fields. In the real use case, I have over 600 real invoices that needed to be scraped. Once scraped, I used the Alteryx Formula, Cleaning, DateTime and other tools to properly format the fields.

Once this was complete, I used summation tools to get the sum total of these invoices, the Max (most expensive invoice), largest lag date and respective billers associated with these invoices.

Last, I wanted to compute a time series plot to see when the max amount of invoices were due to provide to the cash team in order to provide for cash management purposes. Once complete, I wanted to provide a report detailing the time series plot, table of all invoices and maximum billers for an executive level viewing.

For all of my fellow Alteryx developers, I encourage you all to check out my workflow and give me some feedback. For others that are looking to utilize RPA and then go directly from RPA to predictive suite, this is a great way to utilize one Alteryx workflow vice utilizing separate RPA workflows and Alteryx workflows. For others that have seen my Web Scraping to NFL Draft Analysis, this is another extension of my data creation series. The data creation series useful when you do not have pre-existing data and want create a data set and then preform data science with it!

3 REPLIES 3
yaolichen
5 - Atom

Great to see Alteryx combining with RPA. For your case, how is it related to Machine Learning?

Jamesmillere
5 - Atom

The profile bio you wrote for LinkedIn is really amazing as it will help the audience to know you better. In a standard format, you specify everything in a better manner. After completing UiPath training, I moved to the analytics field by getting Alteryx Analytics Cloud Platform for better career growth. And indeed, It was an amazing experience.

Thanks for sharing this.

Jamesmillere
5 - Atom

Edited-

The profile bio you wrote for LinkedIn is really amazing as it will help the audience to know you better. In a standard format, you specify everything in a better manner. After completing  Uipath training, I moved to the analytics field by getting Alteryx Analytics Cloud Platform for better career growth. And indeed, It was an amazing experience.

Thanks for sharing this.