cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Looking to grow your skills and business impact? Join us in Anaheim June 4-7 for Inspire 2018! Sign up by year-end for BIG DISCOUNTS. Register now.

Tool Mastery | Table

Community Content Engineer
Community Content Engineer
Table.png

This article is part of the Tool Mastery Series, a compilation of Knowledge Base contributions to introduce diverse working examples for Designer Tools. Here we’ll delve into uses of the Table Tool on our way to mastering the Alteryx Designer:

Any time you want to get a good point across, it’s best to show your data. Show your data off in style in your reports or presentations by adding formatting to otherwise bland data with the Table Tool! Found in the Reporting Tool Category, the Table Tool will make it easy flair to your raw data, and give it the pop it needs to really sink in.

Flair.png

More flair = always better

Use it when:

• Formatting tables of raw data (attached in the v10.6 Table.yxmd):

Formatting Tables of Raw Data.jpg

Be sure to add emphasis to your data by taking advantage of Column or Row rules to apply formats to specific data points or ranges – you can even use formula logic!

Row Rules.jpg

• Creating pivot tables (attached in the v10.6 Table.yxmd):

Creating Pivot Tables.jpg

If you're looking to apply Table Tool column rules to multiple columns, read up on the approach here!

By now, you should have expert-level proficiency with the Table Tool! If you can think of a use case we left out, feel free to use the comments section below! Consider yourself a Tool Master already? Let us know at community@alteryx.com if you’d like your creative tool uses to be featured in the Tool Mastery Series.

Stay tuned with our latest posts every #ToolTuesday by following @alteryx on Twitter! If you want to master all the Designer tools, consider subscribing for email notifications.

Comments
Michal
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi,

I have a question about Suffix in the columns. I want to add a currency after my value but obviously I would like to insert a space between the value and the currency. How can I do that? When I write the suffix as " USD", the space does not insert.

Thanks a lot

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Michal,

You are correct and we are going to investigate this internally.

As a workaround, replace space by pressing Alt+255 (ASCII code for non breakable space).

Input:

TableAndSpace2.jpg

Result:

TableAndSpace.jpg

Thanks,

Paul Noirel

Customer Support Engineer