Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx | Hangout

Hangout with Alteryx experts: Livestreams, AMAs, previews...

Alteryx | Hangout: There's more to Alteryx than you know

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

We've all been there -  we see someone demo Alteryx and we stop them mid-sentence and say, "Wait a minute. Back up. What did you DO there?" They reply, "Oh you didn't know you could...xyz..?!" And in that moment your life has been A-L-T-E-R-E-D!!! Whoa.

alteryxHangout_MoreToKnow.png

Seriously though, Alteryx is a vast product and there are a bunch of hidden and not so hidden gems that need to be a part of your daily life. We'll show you some of the lesser known tips and tricks, shortcuts and subtle features that will make you more efficient in workflow creation. You can still use Alteryx without knowing these things, but why have and eat your cake without the icing?

Come hang out with:

We'll make you say, "No WAY! Since WHEN? How did I NOT KNOW THAT?!" 

Save the date! Download the invite and Tune back in to this page Thursday February 18th at 10am Mountain Time to view the livestream.

Hangout_Icon.pngGot questions for the team or a tip to share? Register an account or sign in to the community to post comments & questions below, or tweet us @alteryx #AlteryxHangout during the event.

We look forward to having you join us!

Tara McCoy
13 REPLIES 13
AdamR_AYX
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

"How many software engineers does it take to change a lightbulb?"

@MarqueeCrew The lightbulb in my office is working just fine...

Adam Riley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adriley/
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

What I learned today:

Overview - you can CLICK on the overview and the window jumps to where you clicked!  This is very sensible, but for some reason I always dragged the window across the canvas to reposition it.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Ready. Fire! Aim.

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
CailinS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I showed a colleague today (to their shock and awe) that you can open a macro from the tool palette (vs the old days of having to drag it onto the canvas first). Try it out with the Date Filter tool (in Prepartion category). Right click and 'Open Macro'.

Cailin Swingle
Customer Experience
CailinS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Another one for the books: in the Text-to-Columns tool you can specify multiple delimiters. So for instance, if you have data that needs to be parsed at every comma AND at every dash you would enter

,-

in the delimiters text box.

Cailin Swingle
Customer Experience