Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx | Hangout

Hangout with Alteryx experts: Livestreams, AMAs, previews...

Alteryx | Hangout: Live from the Broomfield Technology Center

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Alteryx Community!

We hope you have had a great start to the new year!  The community team has been busy preparing for 2016 and will be converging in Colorado next week for a summit where we will finalize our plans for the year. 

alteryxhangout_broomfield_banner2.pngThe Broomfield Technology Center is where all of the magic happens at Alteryx. With 90% of our development staff, engineers, product managers, and more onsite, the atmosphere exudes creativity, collaboration, ingenuity, and someone is always willing to share a solution or a tip. 

While in Broomfield, we thought it would be a fantastic opportunity to celebrate our success to date, recognize our top contributors and give you a sneak peek of what we have in store for the community for 2016.  We've asked the entire office to join us for the event, so you'll also have the chance to ask them your burning questions!

Save the date! Tune back in to this page Wednesday January 27th at 11am Mountain Time to view the livestream:

Hangout_Icon.pngGot questions for the team? Register an account or sign in to the community to post comments & questions below, or tweet us @alteryx #AlteryxHangout during the event.

We look forward to having you join us!

11 REPLIES 11
dataMack
12 - Quasar
Would be great to get the development team's perspective on what they feel are the advantages / disadvantages of being outside the silicon valley scene and located in Colorado.
JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Excellent question, thanks @dataMack! Let us know if there are any others, we'll compile the list for the event. 

chris_love
12 - Quasar

Can we get a view of the growth of the team at Alteryx? What's it like being a newbie? What's the mix of "newbies" vs "old hands" - and what constitutes an "old hand" when a company is growing so quickly?

IF we can see the entire office can we get them to all stand up / raise hands and then sit down / lower them if they have been there 1 years, then 2 years, 3 years, etc...would be a great way to see how you're all growing. 

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

I've been thikning about simple linear processing concepts vs. set-based concepts.  Alteryx seems to favor a set based approach.  Is it that way behind the scenes also (e.g. for performance), and consequently is linear programming (e.g. For loops) generally frowned upon... and if not, is there any vision for providing tools that make these concepts a bit more accessible for programmer-ish type people?

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

would love to know how the dev team work. How they choose what features to add and how they review and develop internally

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

(Thanks Ned for the response to my clumsily typed question above: it was a very informative response.)

BrianO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for joining! Everyone here in Broomfield had a great time. Stay tuned for more of these in the future. :)

AndyC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Is it possible to provide a link to download the recording that isn't from YouTube?  I want to be able to watch offline and YouTube make this harder and harder to do...

Andy Cooper
Senior Solutions Engineer - EMEA
Alteryx
TimWi
5 - Atom

Just a newbe in this Alteryx community... I want to share how I feel because I am truely impressed by the quality of the navigation and of the conversations. The vibrations that are emitted by this community are truely peaceful and studious. You can see that strong people are working togeather here. I love the tone, the openness and the collaboration. Congratulations for a well managed community!