Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

when we should create a macro and when we should create 2 apps alteryx

MostafaBouzari
8 - Asteroid

Just one question that poped into my head.Think we have an app that has 2 parts.

Under which circumstances should we use Macro inside an App for the first part?

Under which circumstances should we use 2 Chained apps Apps?

1 REPLY 1
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @MostafaBouzari,

This is actually a good question.

In my experience, use only chained apps when you are requiered by the needs for your users and for establishing dynamic requests.

For example:

You want to select airports from a specific zone. You would use chained apps here, the first select the country, then the state and then the city.

This would need three chained apps, given that the result from the first output would be the input for the second app (You don't want to select states from other countries here for example).

When you can automate this processes and there is lets say, no need for you or your clients or whoever to do checks between results, I would then recommend to use macros. Even if it is possible I would recommend you using them since the performance is affected.

The less macro you have and the more you can do in a single workflow/app the better the performance will be.

Regards

Labels