Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

trying to delete sheets

jakriete0416
6 - Meteoroid

New question. I now have a workflow that runs with all my files, which gives me a lot and is very messy. However, this is a step in the right direction! I am trying to delete all the sheets in these files that start with “DECS” because I don’t need them and it is just adding a lot of unnecessary run time and data. Is there a way to do this? I know sample let’s you skip every N or lets you start at a certain row, etc., but those won’t work for my case. Any help?

10 REPLIES 10
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@jakriete0416 

If you open that macro to edit (as pictured below), you can add a Filter tool to add your condition of only returning sheets starting with DECS. Doing this to the macro will of course no longer work with other workflows that it's used to read in other files, but you can make the necessary edits to the macro to add more interface options that can be used to dynamically make these adjustments. However, if you're looking for a quick fix, this is it.

jrgo_0-1578084082374.png jrgo_1-1578084247214.png

Labels