Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

running a workflow multiple times for different categories

mstoler
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a workflow that runs a process for a group of records.  Part of the workflow is to select a certain number of records from this category based on ratios.  This works fine when all of the input records are the same category.

I now need to extend this workflow to apply this logic for an input source that now contains multiple categories.  What I need to do is run this workflow for each category.    This would be similar to creating a function and calling the function once for each category.

I am looking for suggestions on the best way to accomplish this in Alteryx.  This will eventually run on the Gallery.

Thank you in advance.

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
MichaelLaRose
10 - Fireball

Hi Michael @mstoler ,

You should create a batch macro to do this.

https://help.alteryx.com/2018.3/BatchMacro.htm

If you are already using an iterative macro to do what sounds like a looping process just put that in the batch macro (essentially nest the function calls).

Best,

Michael

mstoler
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Thank You!

Will this work on Gallery (Server)?

Michael

MichaelLaRose
10 - Fireball

Yes, there shouldn't be any issues unless the tools you are using in the macro are not set up on the server (for example the R suite not being set up).

Labels