Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"Test" Tool

mb1824
9 - Comet

Hi,

I am interested in using the "Test" tool to stop workflows from running successfully when certain conditions are not met

For example - see attached. If any records are 'False' in the Filter tool, I would like the workflow to stop running.

The workflow does run with an error but only after the Output Data tool has finished.

How would I stop the workflow before the output data tool starts doing its thing? 

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mb1824 

Do you really have to use Test Tool on it?

I found a way (not the fanciest, but it does work) to stop this workflow if the count does not match.

You can configure Message tool to throw an error and stop passing records through it. 

Stop Workflow.PNG

Cheers,

mb1824
9 - Comet

Thanks very much, that will work for me

mb1824
9 - Comet

I found another way, as below and attached.

Add a dynamic rename after the 'False' path to take field names from first row of data

Then union that together with the 'true' path, and config union to stop processing records when fields differ

The top workflow stops at the union tool

The bottom one runs to completion.

Alteryx_test tool2.JPG

Labels