Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"No data available" in results/data window even after running the workflow

jason_scarlett
10 - Fireball

I did a new install of 11.7.4.37815. Now when I load data and process it through several tools, the result window doesn't show anything, just "No data available. (Use Ctrl+R to run the workflow.)".

• I have run the workflow.
  • The Metadata shows up.
  • The progress stats show how many records are flowing through and the data size in MB.
  • The browse tool shows the data.
  • The "Workflow - Configuration" Runtime has "Disable all Browse Tools" unchecked.

I can't figure out whey they are all blank. Ideas? Is there a setting I am missing?

Jason

6 REPLIES 6
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

The likely result of this is because anchors only show a certain amount of data based on the size.

This size may have been switched to zero, or your data is large and thus no results can be previewed.

You can change the setting by going to:

Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings > Advanced > Memory limit per anchor.

I hope this works!

Ben

jason_scarlett
10 - Fireball

That worked.

I wouldn't consider the data big ... 80,000 rows, 5 columns (110MB).

Under Tool Results Settings, I checked off "Override System Settings" and "Memory Limit per Anchor: 1024KB" ... which was the default value.

Thanks.

Jason

ClaudiaV
7 - Meteor

Hi

It didn't work for me.

I have tried all the options and I can't still see the data.

The workflow runs properly but I can't see data on the Results Window.

It happens only with one workflow that doesn't have that much data.

twheeler
7 - Meteor

I am also having the same issue.  Workflow runs.  Can hook up a browse tool and click on the link in the logs and see the data.  However, I can't get any data to display in the Output window.  I see I have 602 records as a result of the workflow with a size of 68.4KB.  Let me know if there is some way to resolve.  

jason_scarlett
10 - Fireball

You may want to try starting a new question, link back to this one, and state if the above ideas did not work for you.

Cheers.

Jason

twheeler
7 - Meteor

OK.  Thank you.  I will do that.

Labels