Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

missing fields after encripted macro

mathias_schnoor
11 - Bolide

Hey!

I have build a macro with a Drop Down Tools for the user input. It works fine. I connect maybe a Text Input field and get the columns as input suggestion.

Now I have encripted the macro. When I try to use the macro I miss the columns int the Drop Down Tool!

view_macro_normal.JPG

view_macro_encripted.JPG

But why?

Mathias

3 REPLIES 3
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You need to pick the field names in the questions. The screen shot you sent doesnt show the as being set to foo in the second case

Hadnt read you post well enough as that is the problem you describe!

mathias_schnoor
11 - Bolide

I try again:

I have build a macro with Drop Down Tool for setting the necessary inputs. See attachment my first posting. (error_ecripted_macro.yxmc)

When I insert the macro in a workflow and connect a Text Input Tool with  the macro

The Drop Down Tools display the Text Input columns for select. It is O.K. (first picture of my first posting)

Then I have ecripted the macro by  Alteryx >>Options >> Advanced Options >> Encripted Workflow. See attachment my first posting (error_ecripted_macro_Encrypted.yxmc)

When I insert the macro in a workflow and connect a Text Input Tool with  the macro

The Drop Down Tools does not display the Text Input columns for select. No columns display!!  (second picture of my first posting)

Please see example_workflow.yxmd

Where is the feature?

mathias_schnoor
11 - Bolide

Hey!

The illustration of my issue: 

The encrypted macro is a limitation of the encryption process. Alteryx only decrypts macros at runtime i.e. when you press the run button and because of that the fields don’t get populated. I’m testing a workaround where you place the encrypted macro inside another macro that fills the values.

The workarround (thanks for Fadi Bassil):

Build two macros: one (parent macro) only with interface tools and a second macro (workarround) macro keeping the interactivity. Encryted only the workarround macro. Place the encrypted macro into a parent macro.

Labels