Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

import multiple tables from single excel sheet (general ledger)

hnadem
5 - Atom

Dear community,

The format of my input is generate by a system with standard format.

the file structure is the following:

<account number1>, <account description1>

-table composed of transaction information related to account 1

<account number2>, <account description2>

-table composed of transaction information related to account 2

<account number N>, <account descriptionN>

-table composed of transaction information related to account N

See attached example.

My objective would be to transform this format in a standard data base before being able to create a workflow in alteryx

<account number2>, <account description2> <transaction information> as described in the attachement,

I would normally use VBA to do this operation but I am struggleling a bit with doing this in ALteryx.

Any idea?

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi hnadem,

Can you please try the following workflow and let me know if it solves the issue?

Annotation 2020-07-01 112229.png

hnadem
5 - Atom

Hi AngelosPachis,

I think this is going in the right direction, but  in the proposed solution the number of line seems to be fixed.

What is missing is the ability to run on 1 to N number of account and 1 to N number of transaction.

Do you think there is a way to do this?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Do you mean that the number of line is fixed because a "Select Records"tool is used? That's only to skip unnecessary rows at the beginning of the file.

To check that the workflow will run properly if for N number of accounts and N transactions in each account I generated a new dataset by unioning the original one 4 times. The workflow appears to run properly for any number of transactions/accounts.

Can you please provide an example where the proposed workflow is not working correctly so I can understand the requirements?

Thanks

Labels