Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

hyperlink example

Prakash_Kumar
7 - Meteor

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Prakash_Kumar 

There's a couple things to note to achieve (what I assume) you're trying to do:

- Excel hyperlinks/file paths in general do not support a sheet reference. In other words, you can specify an Excel file in Window Explorer and it will open, but if you add a sheet reference, it will not. This means that unique hyperlinks for each country/sheet are not possible (afaik). In the example, the file path I use for the hyperlinks all go to the same file, and open the first sheet (default) every time. 

- It's important to write the file output path once and then append that field to anywhere you'd like to use it. This will ensure that every reference points to the same file. 

Check out the attached workflow to see the solution I built in action. 

jagdeep_singh85
8 - Asteroid

PFA the Solution

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Interesting approach to hyperlink to other sheets. I like the way you think @jagdeep_singh85! Hopefully @Prakash_Kumar can provide some clarification on what they're looking for. 

Prakash_Kumar
7 - Meteor

Hey guys,

Thanks for your support on this. I was trying to do what @Jagdeep_Singh has done. @Charlie, learn't few new things from your solution too. Thanks....see you in new learning 🙂

-Prakash

Labels