Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how can start a sub-workflow use run command if max value >100 in filed [Measure] of main

ups366
8 - Asteroid
Dear all , hello ! I now plan to make a fully-automated condition-based workflow. Imagine the following: 1- Main.yxmd is a Main workflow. Schedule is used to run it regularly. Its workflow contains a Run Command tool for running AAA.yxmd. 2- AAA.yxmd is a sub workflow. When Main.yxmd runs continuously and regularly, the maximum value in the field [Measure] will continuously change. I want to have a trigger mechanism before the Run Command. When if the maximum value > 100 in field [Measure], then AAA.yxmd will start to run through Run Command. This can achieve unattended automatic mode. 3- The problem is how to determine the maximum value > 100 in the field [Measure] and Just Run Command? Thank you very much !
6 REPLIES 6
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

Question,: why don't you use the Runner and Conditional Runner from the Crew Macro pack to launch your workflow?

(You can output your [Measure] in the log, and get it in the Main workflow with a LogParser then a filter to launch the second one based on a condition?

The Crew Macro pack is available here.

Something like that:

WilliamR_0-1576049689465.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ups366
8 - Asteroid

@WilliamR

Dear Sir, thank you a lot !

1- any way, I can't output field [Measure] through Runner or Log Parser, so fail to filter the max value. (the output field only contains [Module]+[TooIId]+[MessageType}+[File]+[FullPath] ,It's havn't [Measure] field.)

2- Could you please give 2 simple .yxmd file to rebuild the flow ? Thank you again!

WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can use a message tool to output your value in the log and get it in the main workflow.

You want a sample based on this idea?

ups366
8 - Asteroid

Yes, I want to get sample workflow from you to rebuild the right workflow.

Thank you a bunch !

WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Please find below 3 workflows to put in the same directory.

WilliamR_0-1576061913771.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ups366
8 - Asteroid

@WilliamR 

Dear, Just so so ! Thank you very much !

ps: the runner macro can't  running correctly in v2019.4 version , but fine in v2019.3.5.

Labels