Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

exports results with the interface tools to excel file with multiple sheets with fixed nam

tal_il
7 - Meteor

Hi

I created a new an analytical app. and I need your help with exporting the results.

• The app create reports using the reporting tools. the results are exported to 1 Excel spreadsheet with multiple sheets.
  • I want the user to be able to choose where the result file will be save and be able to choose the file name (by the interface tools), but sheets name must be constants (I don't want the user to choose the sheets names).

Is the second bullet is possible? How do I do it?

Thanks, Tal

3 REPLIES 3
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can use interface tools to change the filename in a render tool, like this. The file browse tool gives an error if the file doesn't exist (it's meant for loading files), but it still generates the filename and path you need, so it does actually work.

Alternatively, you can use a Text box tool, but the user will have to type in the full path.

DavidP_0-1586465606061.png

tal_il
7 - Meteor

Thanks!

where should I enter the sheet name?

it's export to "sheet1"

Tal

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

To specify the sheet name, you create a field first that contains the sheet name you want to use, then include a layout tool set to layout option vertical with section breaks. 

Select the checkbox Section Name Use Field and select your field as shown below

DavidP_0-1586985877257.png

Labels