Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

excel preview does not show 100 rows

mstoler
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am reading a large excel file.   The preview only shows 1 row but when I add a browse tool I get all the rows.  I also notice that if I remove some of the columns I do see more rows (not 100) in the preview.

Is there a reason why I don't see all the rows in the preview on the input tool?

Thanks,

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mstoler, the results preview will often only show partial results for bigger data sets. The exact portion of what is shown varies depending on the amount of system memory available, but somewhere at the top of the results preview it should show something like X of Y records shown, eg. 3300 of 10000. It is unusual to only show 1 record, but perhaps you have lots and lots of columns.

Bottom line - that's what the browse tool is for - to show you all the records, regardless how many.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mstoler,

Just to add a further point on @DavidP's reply. The results pane by default (when clicking on an anchor) will only display 1MB worth of data, enabling Alteryx to stay as fast as possible. You can see all the data using the browse tool which will remove that 1MB limit.

Regards,

Jonathan

Labels