Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

dublicate rows and changing datafields

Silke
5 - Atom

Dear Alteryx Community,

I´m testing Alteryx to see if it makes sense to replace a lot of Excel work with Alteryx. I´m wondering how I can solve the following step in Alteryx.

I do have certain expenses on a Cost Center in a specific Entity (30). I want to prepare my data that 60% of these expenses stay in this specific Entity (30) and the remaining 40% goes to another Entity (40). 

I have attached the entries as example in Excel as I would normally prepare them. On the Input tab you find the original entries, the Output tab shows the result I´m Looking for.

What workflow do I need to create to get to these final results (in an efficient way)?

Any feedback, help and Solutions are much appreciated!

Thanks a lot in Advance,
Silke

2 REPLIES 2
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Silke,

That could be achieved by using two formula tools (to edit the values) and union the data back together:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589821917973.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Silke
5 - Atom

Thanks Jonathan. 

Solution worked exactly for what I was looking for.

Best regards,
Silke

Labels