Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

determine language of text

simon
11 - Bolide

Could I use regex to determine if a Facebook text string is in English or Spanish? or would I just use Watson or other API? 

Appreciate any feedback on this!

Si

3 REPLIES 3
MattD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey Simon!

I built out a macro that uses the Google Translate API to translate text fields - it also has a feature to detect the language (it will output the detected language as well) before translating. You can take a look at the macro on our gallery here. Feel free to give it a whirl! You should be able to hijack the basic functionality to make calls to a free translation service's API as well. If you prefer the regex or matching approach, I'd take a look at the special characters specific to Spanish lexicon and try to match on those (try the tilde or inverted exclamation).

Best regards,

Matt D

Former Alteryx, Inc. Support Engineer, Community Data Architect, Data Scientist then Data Engineer
simon
11 - Bolide

thanks Matt - I will take a look and get back to you. Appreciate it!

keshavnanda
5 - Atom

I'm running into a similar kind of problem. I am new to APIs and facing issue while configuring Detect Language API (https://detectlanguage.com/) into Alteryx.

keshavnanda_0-1610646226225.png

The result that I see is:

keshavnanda_1-1610646274963.png

My configuration in Download tool is:

keshavnanda_2-1610646334348.png

keshavnanda_3-1610646371623.png

keshavnanda_4-1610646394883.png

Wondering if anyone would know why am I getting a Bad request error?

Labels