Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

click tab to rename in designer

I would love the ability to double click a un-named tab and rename it for 'temp' workflows.

eg - "New Workflow*" to "working on macro update"... 

Reason:

1. when designer crashes it is a huge pain to go through auto saves with "New Workflow*" names to find the one you need
  2. I work on a lot of projects at once and pull bits of code out and work on small subset and then get destracted and have to move over to another project. With mulitpule windows and tabs open it gets confusing with 10 'new worflow' tabs open.
  3. Allows for better orginaization of open tabs - can drag tabs into groups and in order to know where to start from last time.

2 Comments
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I love stumbling on cool ideas from years past like this one...

I think this is a neat idea to save that file in the temp directory AND in the Autosave logs!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes