Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

batch macro

prravich
7 - Meteor

i have a simple excel file with two column( product, sales) as shown below

productsales
A5
B10

I need a batch macro that accepts one product at a time, multiplies its sales by 2 and when i connect this macro to the workflow, i need final output as shown

productmacro output
A10
B20

I need batch macro and not a standard macro because the real data is complex and uses a R code which can only take one product at a time. I am not sure how to configure the control parameter so that macro accepts one product at a time, doubles sales and moves to the next product and so on.

2 REPLIES 2
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @prravich,

Attached is a simple batch macro that processes each product individually.

WorkflowWorkflow

MacroMacro

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The key with a batch macro to control the number of records being brought in at a time is the group by tab in the configuration window. You can specify to group by the Product value, so records are brought in product by product.

See this article for more information about batch macros:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Getting-Started-with-Batch-Macros/t...

Labels