Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

base 64 encoder: same input, differtent output

lexhartman
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Excuse me if i misunderstand the purpose of the base64ecoder tool. But in my expectation i would get the same result if i have duplicate input values.

In the example workflow of the tool they use the following text as input "Text to be encoded." The example flow has ojnly 1 row. If i duplicate this row i get 2 different encoded string values.

See the attached workflow as the example.

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I believe the base64 encoder tool was only meant to encode one value for use with APIs. You can accomplish base64 encoding of multiple values using the blob convert tools as an alternative. Workflow is attached with example. 

blob 1.png

blob 2.png

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

hey @lexhartman , i came across this late last week as well after changing some API processes into "Batch" format. Lots of errors later, figured out the Base64Encoder was the issue. It looks like there is  some logic issues with the RecordID tools used (doesn't account for multiple records as @BrandonB mentioned above). I fixed the macro locally, but if you'd like to use it as well, i've attached it here. I haven't tested it extensively, but it solved my issues. My text included non-alpha characters which i think was the biggest issue with this macro since it removes those characters from the stream, but keeps numbering down the line. Anyway, let me know if it doesn't work for you. 

Labels