Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Why some numbers are in Text format

Sushantmutreja1
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have few queries regarding Render Tool:

1. The output which came out was as per my requirement but all numbers which were more than 9,999 are not in number format instead they are in Text format, due to which I was not able to apply mathematical operations in excel output.
  2. Also, just want to know, how can we export output using Render Tool 

Also, attached is the workflow which would help for better understanding.

Thanks

Sushant

19 REPLIES 19
vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

Hi @Sushantmutreja1,

1. In select tool only you can change the type as u required.

2. In render tool select choose specific format then you can export it in various formats.

thanks

Vishwa

Sushantmutreja1
7 - Meteor

Thanks Vishwa but my concern is - some of numbers in "Value" column are in text format and some in Number (Double) format.

vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

Just after your formula tool put a select tool and change the type of field 'Value' as Fixed Decimal-19.2.

thanks,

vishwa

Sushantmutreja1
7 - Meteor

Still, the issue remain the same.

Attached is the output for your reference.

Sushantmutreja1
7 - Meteor

Total of column "Value" should be (1,344,770) instead of (704,944)

vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

I have found some of the values are still positive in your sheet but in my case all value in excel sheet are in negative. And that's why sum of values are less than expected.

Sushantmutreja1
7 - Meteor

If possible, can you please share Workflow and output with me so that I can look through the problem or issue I am facing.

vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

In your workflow only i have just added a select tool and changed the type.

Sushant.jpg

Sushantmutreja1
7 - Meteor

But I am facing the same issue again and again, please refer to the attached screenshot

When I add below two cells, the value is summing up to only (9,695) instead of (20,427).

2018-07-20_13-49-11.png

Labels