Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

When filtered in one column, replacing all content in rest of columns with empty space

Manjari
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, 

Requesting help in replacing all content in rest of columns with empty space, when filtered in one column. 

This is the attached workflow, cannot proceed further. 

I have attached the output too for reference in the same workflow.

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Manjari Can you expand upon what you're trying to accomplish? I've made some assumptions and used a sort and multi-row field to accomplish what I think you're after. Hopefully this can point you in the right direction!

Capture.PNG

Manjari
8 - Asteroid

Hi  @Magnetar patrick_digan,

Thank you for the prompt reply, I do not want to delete or remove duplicates, after identifying duplicates I just want to replace couple of corresponding columns values by null or zero. So that the rows  and columns i need retain as is. Let me know if you need more information.

danrh
13 - Pulsar

@Manjari, you're almost there.  Add a Select tool after the "T" output of your Filter, de-select the fields you want to null out from the list, and then Union back to your "F" output:

image.png

By removing the fields, they end up as null after the Union.

Manjari
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danrh,

Thank you for the reply. Your solution works like a charm.

Labels