Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Weighted % of Shipments and Weight On Shipment Lanes

sevans
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I'm looking to achieve the % weight and % number of shipments per lane. I thought this could be achieved via the use of the weighted average tool, but can't seem to get this to work how I want it. Below is an example of the output that I need and I've attached the data I'm inputting into the workflow; 

City to City LaneCocoon Total Empty WeightGTC Total Empty WeightVIP Total Empty WeightGrand Total WeightCocoon Total Empty Weight_Weighted AverageGTC Total Empty Weight_Weighted AverageVIP Total Empty Weight_Weighted Average
Jenbach-Zurich10246140.6010386.698.6%1.4%0%

Many thanks, Stuart

5 REPLIES 5
wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sevans 

I have attached a workflow below which will achieve the output below by just adding in a Formula tool to perform the % calculations.

When you refer to the weighted avg, does it need to take anything else into account, or does this achieve what you are after?

Thanks

Will

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @sevans 

1. Since your output doesn't include the Origin Country field, how do you want to handle cases where there are multiple entries for each city to city lane, i.e. Hvidovre-Stuttgart?

2. For cases where the values are null, do you want them treated as 0 or missing? 

Dan

sevans
7 - Meteor

Thanks Will. I actually realized moments after my post that this had to be achieved by using a formula tool and so now have the desired outcome I was looking for, thanks for responding to my post.

Stuart 

sevans
7 - Meteor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply to my post, I have actually achieved what I wanted by using a formula tool. The result I wanted was at city to city level as country can be rolled up out of this. For anything null, yes, this would be considered as 0 movements. 

Stuart 

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sevans 

No problem at all, glad you got to your answer! 

If you are able to mark this as solved in that case so that other people can view solved issues on the Community.

Thanks

Will

Labels