Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Week Number Calculation Starting At Specific Day of Week

jafranco
5 - Atom

Hello all,

I'm currently using the following equation to calculate the Week Num based on create dates:

tonumber(datetimeformat([shipment_create_dt],"%W"))+1

The equation is working correctly, the only issue I'm having is that the equation considers a week Monday to Sunday. I'm trying to find a way for the formula to consider a week Sunday to Saturday, as this is the procedure in which my account reports weekly metrics.

As an example, the formula I'm currently using is considering 1/12/20 as week 2 while I would like it to be considered as week 3.

I have searched the community and I haven't been able to find an answer, sorry if this has been answered previously.

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @jafranco,

Is this ok for you?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jafranco I mocked up a workflow let me know what you think?

jafranco
5 - Atom

Thank you Joseph, this worked perfectly. I appreciate everyone's help.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jafranco I realized their is a simper way to answer your question. Attached an edited workflow I used the %U syntax with the start date of a week starts on the Sunday and ends on Saturday.

Syntax_Date.JPG 

Labels